We are an organization committed to seeing transformation in the lives of Roma people in Europe. Our primary methods of achieving that goal are through educational initiatives, advocacy and economic development. We partner with local grassroots organizations and individuals, to engage in a holistic approach helping transform lives to break the cycle of poverty and hopelessness. This position supports those goals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identify key online channels for Roma Learning to Fly (RLTF) to increase awareness of our work and offer opportunities for engagement
- Develop a social media strategy to support the organizations advocacy and onsite programs
- Post regular updates to RLTF’s social media outlets
- Develop, curate, and post blog content
- Through storytelling, highlight our projects and successes and drive engagement among our community
- Curate and build up content on our “Gratitude Effect” webpage and share on social media
- Track our impact with data analysis tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Make changes on our website from time to time, as needed
- There will also be many opportunities to learn about the program and fundraising side of our work, and get more involved, if so desired.
Education / experience / qualifications
- Excellent writing (style and grammar), communication, and organization skills
- Experience and interest in social media. Active on primary and secondary social media channels.
- Highly self-motivated. Ability to complete tasks independently, while staying in close communication with Executive Director
- Interest in grassroots development and RLTF’s mission, philosophy, and programs
- Sense of humor and collaboration
Commitment of approximately 5 hours per week – may vary from week to week.